Re: (no subject)

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 02:06:03 -0800 (PST)

jensgc wrote

> Eluze wrote
>> you can define the spanner in its own (dynamic) context and move it
>> wherever you want:
> thanks for the answer. I am aware of the possibility to have the dynamics
> in a separate voice - and it might be the solution here. I am however not
> fond of having to enter dynamics in a voice "without music" - for the
> score in question I have 16 voices each with their own (polyphonic)
> dynamic markings - and in a score where the time signature changes
> frequently, it is not trivial to write spacers until bar 125 to be able to
> put a dynamic mark in bar 126.
>
> The overall tempo markings are currently defined in the first of the
> "active" voices in that particular bar - and the displayed tempo marking
> is automatically placed on top of the system. But when I try to make more
> dynamic tempo adjustments (ritardando, stringendo etc.) - that just as
> well as an overall tempo marking implicitly has a scope of the entire
> system - the displayed marking goes to the staff and not the system.
>
> Are there any plans on making a "SystemSpanner" or similar that will
> combine the flexibility from the TextSpanner with the "only on top of
> system" property from \tempo and \mark ?
> What I'd like to do is to write a command that puts the output of
> TextSpanner to the top staff in the system, regardless of which staff it
> is defined in. Is it possible by tweaking something or do I need to make
> the dynamics voice separate?

of course you can add the text spanner engraver to the Score:

\layout{
  \context{
    \Score \consists Text_spanner_engraver
  }
  \context{
    \Voice \remove Text_spanner_engraver

if you plan to use spanners in the voices too you can not remove the
Text_spanner_engraver from the Voice and you would have to \override the
Voice.TextSpanner with empty properties each time you override a
Score.TextSpanner (this could be tedious...)

Eluze