Re: How to structure piano music?

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: How to structure piano music?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:11:40 +0100

> You can do this by putting the melodies together, but *not* in separate
voices:

> \new Voice <<
>   { c' d' e' f' }
>   { e' f' b' c'' }
> >>

> The trick is to know what exactly LilyPond means by "voice", and what
> you mean by "voice", and don't fall into a trap when these definitions
> differ.

Hi Janek, Urs, Mark and David,

thanks Janek, the construction above was a missing piece in my mind!

Thanks to all of you for the answers. The current example is now done
and looks good. I think my approach for the future will change a bit due
to what I’ve learned here.

If I have time (in half a year or so), it might be worth updating the
piano part of the notation reference and to add some hints on how to get
started with separating a given score into chords, long-standing voices
and temporary voices; proper (lilypond) Voices and simulaneous music
within a voice (see above).

Cheers,
Joram