Re: more Tuplets...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: more Tuplets...
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:21:49 +0100

>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3095>
>
> OOOHHHH… very nice!

Well, it is more or less one result from a heated discussion going
awfully bad eventually last fall.  Minus shorthands \duplet (?),
\triplet, \quadruplet ... (that does not mean that they might not arrive
at some point of time, but they are not really what I felt important
about ... wait, badly expressed).  Plus getting the optional argument
behavior shaken out in discussion and implementation -- I think it is
now reasonably straightforward to understand in its implications.

Embarrassingly low-hanging fruit, actually.  Is there any LilyPond user
who had not at one point of time fought with getting \times right?

--
David Kastrup