Re: prall with accidental

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: prall with accidental
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 08:58:02 -0700

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> I plead for adding this and related macros to LilyPond.

I have a bunch of turns defined like this:

turnXS =
#(make-music
   'TextScriptEvent
   'tweaks '((avoid-slur . inside) (outside-staff-priority . #f))
   'direction 1
   'text #{ \markup { \override #'(baseline-skip . 1) \center-column {
\musicglyph #"scripts.turn" {\tiny \smaller \sharp} } } #})

X - nothing
S - sharp
F - flat
N - natural

The first letter says what's above the turn. The second is below. Then
I have similar turns defined. (Though I should make the accidentals
smaller like you have in the pralls.)

I agree that adding modified pralls, turns and the like to lilypond
proper would be nice (whatever the naming scheme). It's very common
notation.

-----Jay