Re: Cross staff beams with subdivision

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Cross staff beams with subdivision
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:08:39 +0000 (UTC)

Helge Kruse <Helge.Kruse <at> gmx.net> writes:

> How can I connect the low and upper staffs beams?

Moving the manual beam indication ] to the end of the tuplet.

> How can I extend the distance between the staffs to make place for
> this beams construct?

When I want extra space between staves for a few isolated cases, I find
some object on the staff and ask LilyPond go make more space for it.
Here, the rest is convenient.

  \once\override Rest #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 9)
  r8 gis,,,,!32\([ b dis gis!
    \change Staff=upper \times 4/6 { b dis gis! b dis gis!\)] }