Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 23:03:03 +0100

Hi Werner,

first of all, let me assure everyone that the last thing i want is a
heated argument.
I'll try to be brief:

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Janek!
>
> [...]
> I'm a pianist, and I know Chopin very well and like him a lot, but I
> have *never* heard or played a song written by him.  Regarding operas
> of Moniuszko, [...] It's a matter of fact that
> from an international point of view Poland is not relevant to opera,
> as Austria is not relevant to musical, for example.  It doesn't
> diminish the value of Polish music!

I formulated myself badly.  I didn't want to say that polish music is
important in any particular area; let's drop these Moniuszko and
Chopin examples.
What i meant is: i would feel sorry if i couldn't use LilyPond's new,
unique, custom-designed professional font to engrave polish national
anthem or any other polish song because someone decided that polish
language is not important enough to be supported.

>> Of course i'm sure that it wasn't your intention to offend me,
>> Werner, but nevertheless i feel quite disregarded. :-/
>
> Please re-think your feelings.

It's hard to re-think feelings...

Janek