Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Replacement suggestions for Century Schoolbook?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:30:26 +0100

Am 09.01.2013 21:25, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
You will want someone who is sensitive to Cyrillic to Latin and who
can manage the difficulties of the dense use of diacritics in Czech
set which are significant.  Is Polish relevant?
Interestingly, no.  There aren't any Polish operas or famous
`classical' songs I'm aware of.
?!  How are we supposed to typeset Frédéric Chopin's songs written to
polish lyrics, then?  Or Moniuszko's operas?
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Moniuszko#Operas]

As a Pole i feel seriously discriminated - after all, isn't LilyPond
supposed to provide "music notation for _everyone_"?
And someone might want to typeset Polish (or Russian, or Japanese ... ) translations of Bach chorales for their choir. Of course it is ambitious, but I'd agree that conceptually LilyPond should be able to typeset in any language. Which would definitely be an argument for finding existing fonts rather than creating new ones.

Urs