Re: what's the most "efficient" way of doing this?

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: what's the most "efficient" way of doing this?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 08:30:44 +0000 (UTC)

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan <at> sympatico.ca> writes:

> Essentially. Did you do any performance testing, to see if compilation
> times are optimized this way? (I'm finding performance to be somewhat
> critical, especially when generating my large opera and musical scores.)
>
> Has anyone else tried other methods, or done any benchmarking?

Tempo indications and rehearsal marks should not take noticeable time.
(I just tried removing all of them an saw no change outside noise, less that
half-percent, in the time required to set a score.)

They might possibly confuse the page breaker, which you already said has some
trouble with score.  But then it will probably not matter how you describe
them to LilyPond, the apparent difficulty of arranging things space would be
the same.

What time does you score require with- and without rehearsal marks?