Re: separating design from pure score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: separating design from pure score
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:41:24 +0100

Stjepan Horvat <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a project and i want to separate the design from score
> because i want to have a clear score so that in the future when i
> maybe want to change the design i dont have to change the score
> (something like html and CSS :) ). So when i include my score into my
> design file variables are included but score block also. Now when i
> what to change, for example, \mark \default to have a preety box i
> dont know where to put it. Is there a way not to include a score block
> but all variables, or insert stuff into a score block that is
> invisible to me?

\layout { \context { \Score markFormatter = #format-mark-box-numbers } }

In newer versions, it will work to write
\layout { \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-numbers }

So you can just pull in the \set command documented in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/bars#rehearsal-marks>
into your \layout block, and it will get translated into the first form
automagically.  Most of the layout stuff can be specified in the \layout
block, and it has become easier in the most recent versions since you
can just pull in most layout-changing _music_ here, and have it
converted into the respective context definitions.

--
David Kastrup