Re: markup placement

From: David Santamauro
Subject: Re: markup placement
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:02:51 -0400

Hi Vicente,

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:41:39 +0200
"Vicente Solsona" <address@hidden> wrote:

> you can read about that in the Learning Manual 4.5.1 "Moving objects"
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Moving-objects#Moving-objects
>
> and more generally about text in the Notation Reference 1.8 "Text"
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text#Text

Wonderful... I've been in the notation reference all day and from there
I got the snippet for rehearsal marks which I bastardized. That's what
this clueless soul did before finally asking for help.

> my personal experience is that the most productive thing I've done
> in Lilypond is learning to search in the documentation :)

Yes, searching is important and I have been doing that all day. This is
my first big scoring with lilypond and it is at times a bit
overwhelming.

thanks for the quick response.

David