Re: LilyPond 2.13.10 (OSX) Font Issues

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.13.10 (OSX) Font Issues
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:15:50 -0600

Fonts are an issue with almost all Linux/Unix applications ported into OS X using the Aqua interface. OpenOffice.org doesn't use fonts correctly either (somewhat of a bigger issue in an office suite); NeoOffice corrects this by putting a Java container around OO.o at the cost of performance and battery life on laptops. Not being a programmer, I have no idea why this is. I suspect the same issues are at work in LilyPond which just may not know that the OS X native fonts are stored at /System/Library/Fonts, ~/Library/FontCollections *and* ~/Library/Fonts for some reason.

It would be nice to be able to use the native OS X fonts and to have a "Real Book" style font (which does exist for OS X but is not accessible by LilyPond). Unfortunately I have no idea how to make that sort of thing happen, so good luck to you with this!