Re: insertion of current date in text string

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: insertion of current date in text string
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:09:50 +0200

2008/10/14 Tom Cloyd <address@hidden>:
> Now....again: I'm being misunderstood, and, strangely, it appears that no
> one is reading either the subject line of this thread or what I'm writing in
> the message body. Let me say it again:

This thread is 6 hours old by now, please be patient.

> I want to combine current date (which I now have) with the text string
> "version" to output the version date OF THE BLOODY SCORE, not of the
> Lilypond version I'm running. All over the documentation, the authors are
> relentlessly single minded, as you both have been (ha!) in seeing "version"
> as referring IN THIS CONTEXT to Lilypond versions. It does not. Other things
> have versions, too, I assure you. In this case, it's my score(s).

What is the version date? The version number freely chosen and set by
yourself? The date of the input file? The time of compilation of the
PDF?

> So...hopefully with that cleared up, let me assure you that I've searched
> all through all the documentation I can find/understand, and I don't see how
> to do this thing I'm trying to do...

It is not very clear yet, but you already have got several responses.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org