Re: Notation Reference 1.8 "Text" : ready for review

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Notation Reference 1.8 "Text" : ready for review
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:47:33 +0200

2008/10/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Well, your personal source of knowledge and wisdom sucks.

Matter of generation: not everybody was lucky enough to live at the
glorious era of usenet, you know :-)

> I recommend removing \markuplines from the @predef, and change the
> final paragraph to this:
> Separate text blocks can be spread over multiple pages, making it
> possible to print text documents or books entirely within
> LilyPond.  For more information, see @ref{Multi-page markup}.

Will do.

> Really, this "the specific syntax it requires" is an abomination
> and disgrace to Mao.  Every bloody specific documentation page
> specifically discusses the specific syntax used to specifically
> create specific notation.

You look in good shape these days, I have to say.

> If you can remove a word (or words) without changing the meaning
> of a sentence, kill it with glee.

I now understand why you no longer want to be a composer...

> That's the silliest thing I've read in the past few months.

Mind if I take this as an "ego boost"? :-)

> Editing documentation *is* boring.  But I'll have you note that I
> processed 99% of doc updates within a 12 hours for the *whole
> year* that I was running GDP.  And the remaining 1% was delayed
> for academic work, not because I was bored did fun stuff instead.

Managing updates is definitely less unpleasant than writing doc stuff
on your own.

Especially when you like bossing around (speaking from personal experience) :-)

Cheers,
Valentin