Lily becoming more user-friendly

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Lily becoming more user-friendly
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:58:49 +0200

Op donderdag 12 juli 2007, schreef Valentin Villenave:
> -yes, LilyPond could be (and will hopefully become in a few years)
> more user-friendly;

How will that be done? Are there big architecture changes planned?

I fully understand Paul's frustrations regarding the intermingled syntax of
lily and scheme constructs (just beginning to understand it a bit).

I think a big improvement to the documentation would be even more examples of
how to set a property. This as already been done to a big degree, but in the
more advanced documentation it is sometimes difficult to find. So e.g. change
a sentence like 'set max-stretch to zero' to '\set Staff.VerticalAxisGroup
#'max-stretch #0', or add such an explanation etc.

While busy learning lilypond (and writing a new mup2ly script) I hope also to
be able to help a bit with this kind of things. I just love the beast that is
LilyPond :)

With best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--