Re: multimeasure rests with proper measure numbering

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: multimeasure rests with proper measure numbering
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:22:26 +0200

I think you are missing something very basic and I hope the following
example can help you realize how to use multimeasure rests.
It's always much easier to get relevant answers if you include
an example (preferably short but complete) of the LilyPond code you have tried.

m = \relative c'{
c1 | d | e | f | R1*4 \break | g1 | f | e | d |
}

% Conductors score:
\score{
 \new StaffGroup <<
   \new Staff \m

}

% Instrumental part:
\score{
 \new Staff {\set Score.skipBars = ##t \m }
}

As you can see, the bar numbering is correct in both versions of the
music.

   /Mats

Quoting Dewdman42 <address@hidden>:

I figured out how to create a multimeasure rest, but it seems that the
measure numbering does not reflect what may be in the conductors score.  So
for example, if I have a conductors score and some part sheets, and one of
the parts has 12 bars to wait.  I would like them to see one bar with the
multi-measure rest set to 12 bars, but then I want the next measure to be
numbered measure #13, not #2.

Is this a bug or is there a clever way around this that I can't think of?