Re:Space in markup using \char

From: Palmer, Ralph
Subject: Re:Space in markup using \char
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:49:24 -0400

Greetings -

Searching the LSR for "\char" and for "\concat" both turned up the same (single) snippet:

Snippet ID 252 : Demonstrating the power and flexibility of the \markup function [0.12500].

In Snippet 252, the \concat command was commented out.

I could not find "\concat" in the online manual, and "\char" turned up in the markup commands.

I still have not found a combination that produces " più f "; that is, piu (with accent grave) in italics, followed by a space, followed by the dynamic mark for forte. The closest I can get is to either ignore the accent grave over the "u" or to allow a space between the "i" and the "ù". If anyone else can come up with a solution, please let me know. If and when I get a solution, I will be happy to try to submit it to the LSR.

Thanks,

Ralph

Message: 3