Re: problem with line breaking with polyrhythm

From: Libero Mureddu
Subject: Re: problem with line breaking with polyrhythm
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:41:22 +0300

On 9/18/06, Thies Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Libero!

> and I have to split a measure in the middle...
Line breaks only work at "proper" bar lines. (see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Line-breaking.html#index-g_t_005cbreak-1560)
In your example the third 4:5 in the second staff overlaps the invisible bar.

Hi Thies,

you are right, but if you take from my example only the voice with the quintuplet (see below),  you can see that I can actually split the measure. But this nice feature is not so useful, if you cannot use it inside a polyphonic music. Of course it's clear to me why the constraint cannot be satisfied, in fact I'd like to put the line break in the middle of the duration of a note, that is, in fact, the common situation if you start to have complex music.

Maybe a sponsored feature?

Libero

%%% SNIPPET FOLLOWS %%%
\version "2.8.6"