Re: allegro

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: allegro
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:36:30 +0100

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 11.53, Aaron wrote:
> I guess I wasn't clear enough.
>
> Or maybe that's the only way?
>
> Can I set a variable that makes allegro=\tempo 8. = 120?
>
> Or as a feature request. Include tempo names and a way to describe them
> in midi tempos. I realize not everyone cares about midi or even hearing
> the sounds. But I am required to 'play' my notation for others as part
> of the proof reading for my project.

You can make everything into variables already: Just do
allegro = \markup{ Allegro \small \note #3 #1 #1 "=" 120 }
, as Mats suggested, and use
c4^\allegro
to print that tempo indication.

If you want to set midi tempo as well, you could do

allegro = \notes {\tempo 8.=120 s32^\markup{ Allegro \small \note #3 #1 #1 "="
120 } }

and then use <<c4 \allegro>>

(then it could also be a good idea to suppress the paper output from \tempo,
which I don't know how to do)

Erik