Re: allegro

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: allegro
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:10:06 +0100

I begin with the last question. If you insert an \tempo 8. = 120
within the music, you will get a printed tempo mark.

The easiest way to combine it with a textual tempo indication is
to use a text markup for the text and \tempo for the metronome
indication. You may have to increase the padding property of the
text to avoid collisions.

You could also construct the full layout using text markups, such as
^\markup{ Allegro \small \note #3 #1 #1 "=" 120 }
but then you don't get the tempo change in the MIDI file.

   /Mats

Aaron wrote:
HI, I have been looking through the manual, but I haven't found this.

I am looking for text equivalents for metronome tempo markings.
specifically allegro largo with midi equivalents so that I could insert
a term into a score with an equals sign.

maybe as follows:
 \tempo:Allegro 8.=120 c''1 or some such.

I would like the ability to add any text to a tempo and have it display
the text but the midi play the metronome mark.

BTW is text markup the only way now to add tempo marks.

Thanks
Aaron

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing