Re: DVI errors - Musical notes do not look right

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: Re: DVI errors - Musical notes do not look right
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:21:37 -0500

Hum,

You nailed it. yap from MikTeX. Guess I'll deal with PDF's... thanks for the info, somehow I missed that.

Jeremy

--On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 10:19 PM +0100 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

What DVI viewer did you use? If you tried yap from some MikTeX
installation, it won't work, since it can't find the fonts.
As is described on
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/windows/out-www/installing.html
you can use xdvi to view the DVI files in Cygwin but then you have to
install the Cygwin's XFree86 X11 window system, tetex-x11 and
ghostscript-x11 packages too.

   /Mats

Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
I installed Cygwin today on my Windows XP box so that I can run
Lilipond. I went throught the installation procedures list on the net
for Windows users but I am having a problem with the DVI viewing.

The musical notes are coming up as exclamation points, weird lines,
etc... nothing resembling musical notes. The PS files look great. In
fact, I can even issue a dvips and view the PS created from the bad DVI
and I have a good looking PS file.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Jeremy