DVI errors - Musical notes do not look right

From: Jeremy Cowgar
Subject: DVI errors - Musical notes do not look right
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:11:01 -0500

I installed Cygwin today on my Windows XP box so that I can run Lilipond. I went throught the installation procedures list on the net for Windows users but I am having a problem with the DVI viewing.

The musical notes are coming up as exclamation points, weird lines, etc... nothing resembling musical notes. The PS files look great. In fact, I can even issue a dvips and view the PS created from the bad DVI and I have a good looking PS file.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Jeremy