Re: lyrics

From: Maury Merkin
Subject: Re: lyrics
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:51:54 -0500

Hi all,

I have found that my problem with lining up the lyrics is always in the
case of tied notes.  So that if I have a word "ride" which is to be sung
on a g-sharp eighth note and then held for an additional half note (in ly
notation: | b8 gis' ~ gis2 | ) the lyric is never made to hold for the
duration but, rather, the word "long" is properly shown as sung on the b
eighth note and "ride" is properly shown as sung on the g-sharp eighth
note but then the next word is shown as sung on the g-sharp half note.
UGH!!!

As a kludge I have "syllablized" ride to "ri- de" and that lines up
everything in an ugly sort of "proper" way.

Ain't there a better way to do this?

TIA

Maury

p.s. Laura, thanks for your response.