Re: Differences in `web.html`

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Differences in `web.html`
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 22:16:10 +0100

On Mon, 2023-03-20 at 14:34 +0000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Comparing
>
>   http://lilypond.org/web.html
>
> with a self-compiled
>
>   .../out-www/offline-root/Documentation/web/web.html
>
> I see the attached difference.  Is it an oversight that
> `scripts/build/fix-docsize.sh` is not executed while building the
> website on 'lilypond.org'?

Yes, intentionally so: "make website" does not execute it because it
doesn't have access to the linked manuals and cannot fill in its size.
Based on the path above, you've been executing "make doc" which also
generates the website as part of it. Btw, there are a number of other
differences, search for "web_version" in the Documentation/web/* files.

> PS: That we now see 'web.pdf' instead of 'Web.pdf' seems to be a
>     consequence of commit d638af5410936d255f.

No, this has nothing to do with that - it's not even a button in a
navigation bar! It is because of weblinks.itexi and which macros are
used depending on "web_version" (see above).