Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: TimeSignature with note in denominator
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 16:14:41 -0500

Hi all,

>> Here you are talking about the _entry_ rather than the names used
>> internally.  So what is your beef with the _entry_?
> I can't enter \time 3/2., even though 2. is a valid duration.

That is also my “beef” with the entry.

> I'm not asking for it, as I'm not willing to do it.

I’m happy to keep working on it, if I can ask for what will be much-needed help
from time to time.

> To me there are things that are much higher priority than this.

Me, too! I’ve decided I’ll probably “bunt” this by working up and submitting a
patch just for the new TimeSignature #'style options (which would only work on
currently-accepted time signatures), start another branch (or dozen?!) for the
bigger feature, and then [having successfully submitted my first Lilypond
patch!!] focus my primary development efforts to higher-priority things (Lyric
work, MarkLine context, etc.).

> I just (for the first time today) realized how the "fraction" analogy for a
> time signature really doesn't carry through very well.

I’m glad you did, and that you spoke up.  =)

Thanks,
Kieren.