Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: compiling MacOS application in LilyDev
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 13:06:05 -0500

Hi Hans,

> The intent is probably to create an app.

Yes, for me to run (personally).

> One can make installers with MacPorts, I posted some on the users list.

I found that thread — helpful!

I tried, and got:

Error: Failed to activate dbus: Image error:
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and
does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port dbus. Use 'port
-f activate dbus' to force the activation.

I tried that, and got

dlopen(/opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib, 6): Symbol
not found: _iconv
  Referenced from: /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
 in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
    while executing
"load /opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded macports 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require macports"
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 46)

Advice?