Re: releasing 2.21.2

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: releasing 2.21.2
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 15:26:43 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Federico Bruni" <fede@inventati.org>
To: "Jonas Hahnfeld" <hahnjo@hahnjo.de>
Cc: "Phil Holmes" <mail@philholmes.net>; "lilypond-devel" <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 3:05 PM

Phil, while rebasing a local branch I noticed that you forgot to bump the latest version here:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/blob/master/Documentation/web/news-headlines.itexi#L23

should be 2.21.2

Thanks.. The correction is now the subject of a merge request. I've had issues in the past that the website doesn't always rebuild for a change like this, so I'll keep my eye on it.

BTW, the anchors for the @uref items in news-headlines.itexi are giving me headache. Any way to simplify them? I don't know texinfo, it might exist a nice workaround.. the easiest workaround could be the following.

As oy can see - me too...

1. In new-new.itexi, change the @subheading to a simple string:
@subheading Latest development version
@subheading Latest stable version

and move the date and versions in the paragraph, e.g.:

@emph{June 21, 2020} - We are happy to announce the release of LilyPond 2.21.2.

2. Then in news-headlines the @uref would never change (at least for the two lilypond versions):

@uref{news.html#Latest-development-version,
 LilyPond 2.21.2 released - @emph{June 21, 2020}}