Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 17:21:57 +0200

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 1:17 PM James <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 21/05/2020 12:02, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > so a next step might be making the countdown process more
> > continuous.
>
> What does that mean - even conceptually?

My idea is that patches could enter 'countdown' stage throughout the
day, and when they do a 48 hour period waiting period kicks in. This
means the moment they are mergable will be more spread out throughout
the day.

My main worry is that the CI process (make doc) will be forced to run
on machines with less CPU power, and the whole test/doc cycle would
take 1 or even 2 hours. If CI takes 2 hours, we'd realistically only
be able to merge 8 changes on a day.