Re: GitLab review email

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: GitLab review email
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 16:03:38 +0200

Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 15:52, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Am Di., 12. Mai 2020 um 14:23 Uhr schrieb James <address@hidden>:

 Hello

 On 12/05/2020 13:09, Federico Bruni wrote:

> Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 07:40, Dan Eble <address@hidden> ha
 > scritto:
 >> Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by
 >> default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we
 >> satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?
 I think so because it is configurable per developer.

 > As non developer, I'm satisfied :-)
 >
> I'm interested in following discussions on lilypond-devel, but I use
 > to delete 99% of the rietveld emails without even read them.
> Not even easy, because emails from Rietveld are not grouped by thread.
 >
> One of the nice feature of GitLab is that each developer can decide > the amount of emails reaching his inbox without "imposing" a single
 > decision for everyone.

I also ignored 99% of rietveld emails too mainly because I'd only care about the issues on countdown and then I'd just scan the conversation
 look for anything that sounded contentious or needing a decision.

 We always have lilypond-auto list

 https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-auto/

 perhaps that could be useful for something?

 James

I'm one of the subscribers to this list and found it always useful,
although a lot of mails are output.
Not sure, if it could made to work with GitLab

When you have time, try.
I'm sure you can get the same (or very similar) experience using GitLab notifications.

I agree with James that lilypond-auto may be set up to provide the "old lilypond-devel experience".
Don't know about the technical details though.