Re: [RFC] switch to Gerrit

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to Gerrit
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:35:43 -0500

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 1:19 PM Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 11.03.2020, 18:55 +0100 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> > Gerrit itself does not have an authentication service. See
> > https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#auth
> >
> > ; I guess in our circumstances, we could do OAuth on top of Google,
> > Github or Facebook accounts.
> >
> > What do you mean with "own authentication service" ?
>
> I mean: Is there a hosted Gerrit that does not require a GitHub
> account? Ideally with the possibility to create an account just for
> that.

If a hosted Gerrit service could use ANY OAuth provider, surely
there's a sufficiently neutral and uncontroversial one somewhere that
works for LilyPond purposes? The big-name tech companies all tend to
have fair numbers of people avoiding them by principle. GNU Social (no
experience, little research) apparently has an Open ID service, which
is similar-but-different than OAuth?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA