Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 06:54:07 +0100

Il giorno gio 6 feb 2020 alle 23:04, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I think that the presence (in the proposed CoC )of an enforcement committee that has the power to sanction participants in response to anonymous complaints is more than just a bit of prose. It's the creation of a new structure that governs our community. It's the structure I have concerns about, not the prose.

I'm thinking through the issues, and I don't know exactly where I finally come down. But at this point, I think I would welcome a code of conduct that expressed our aspirations to be open, friendly, welcome to diversity; and opposed to harassment, bullying, belittling, and other negative forms of communication. If the code of conduct also proposed a mediation committee that would provide support to people who were having trouble with the community (either those who felt damaged by the negative communication or those who were accused of negative communication), I think I could support that. Having a committee that tries to smooth things over seems only a positive.

I agree with you.
From what I've read so far, it's a matter of fact that some developers/contributors were not aware of some "tensions" happened in the past. We should try to find a way to raise the awareness and discuss possible solutions before developers leave the project.
A mediation committee might be a way..

Even though my personal opinion is that the priority now is changing the development workflow and tools.