Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 21:08:31 +0100

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/6/2020 2:45 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> I am working on an Email signature that might be helping to convey the
>> message.
>
> Nice idea, but sometimes drawing attention to a problem only makes
> things worse. How about focusing on the success mode instead of the
> failure mode?
>
> "
> I aim to communicate with empathy. Have I failed? Reply "OUCH!"
> "
>
> I'm thinking along the lines of the "How's my driving? Call (phone)"
> stickers often seen on long-haul trucks in America.

Well, when the signature becomes relevant, that would likely appear akin
to an "I aim to speak the Queen's English" sign on a gorilla cage.  If
somebody is already rightfully upset, I don't want to give the
impression of making fun of them to boot.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".