Re: ’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: ’Pond Jobs & Their Descriptions
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 16:21:46 -0800

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 06:55:38PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> I’m curious as to all the various jobs/tasks required to keep
> Lilypond development moving forward at the fastest possible pace
> and in the most efficient possible way.  Is there a single list
> compiled anywhere, written with an eye to extreme granularity?

If you want "extreme granularity", then wouldn't that be the whole
Contributor's Guide?

> If not, I’ll start a list, brainstormed from my naïve perspective.

I suspect that you want a "less extremely granular" list, in which
case I suggest:
  1) summarize the jobs that are described in the CG
  2) check if those descriptions are still accurate

>     (b) identify the most important gaps or under-addressed areas in the
> pipeline; and

I suspect that "automation tools" would be the most impactful
improvements.

>     (c) help new developers find the best way in to the 'Pond.

I'm not up to date on current LilyPond, but I suspect that the
answer is "try to find developers willing to mentor".

Cheers,
- Graham