Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 13:10:23 +0100

Am Sa., 4. Jan. 2020 um 12:09 Uhr schrieb Peter Toye <address@hidden>:

> Yes, I'm on Windows, but have just resurrected an old laptop and have managed
> to get a Linux (antiX) system on it. And there's a spare partition to install
> LilyDev. I'll download it today.

Well, if you have a LINUX-machine, you may consider not to install
LilyDev at all, i.e. clone the git-repo directly.

LilyDev is meant to be used by windows users in a VirtualBox on their
windows-system.
It comes along with some other preinstalled things you will want.

If you don't use LilyDev you'll need to get those stuff yourself.
Otoh, going for LilyDev has it's own hassles.

Your decision.

Speaking only for me, I started with LilyDev, although being on LINUX.
After some time I switched to my host-system for any LilyPond-work.

Though I kept all old and outdated LilyDevs, to keep the possibility
to compile checkouts of old patches for research-purposes.
Using old versions of gcc, ghostscript etc
I doubt you'll need that.

Cheers,
  Harm