A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Peter Toye
Subject: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 10:04:44 +0000

I suggest that \rf (for rinforzando) be added to the built-in dynamic list.

I suggested this on the users list, and got two replies, one fairly positive,
one negative.

My rationale is that it's accepted as a synonym of rfz, and was used as such by
both Beethoven (who also used rfz and rinf.) and Brahms. And also by a far
lesser composer whose work I've just engraved.

As far as I can see, it would need an addition to dynamic-scripts-init.ly and
modifications to both LM and NR (a rare occasion in which both manuals have the
same information!). I'd be willing to do this myself if it's accepted, once
I've got my head round the modification process (I may need a mentor here...).

Regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com