Re: ottava signs

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: ottava signs
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:51:22 -0700 (MST)

Malte Meyn-3 wrote
> You could either compile LilyPond yourself or wait for the release of
> 2.21.0. But I have no idea when that will be … I don’t think that these
> patches will be cherry-picked to 2.19.84.

OK, but I don't understand, where do I find the latest sources to compile
from?

Malte Meyn-3 wrote
> My question was about the vertical alignment of the 8va
> number/text/markup and the horizontal (dashed/dotted) line:
>
>       8_____ or 8–––– or 8°°°°°°
>
> This could be done (1) by defining the markups using \general-align and
> then use the markup’s alignment (2) by defining one number/direction and
> use a mirrored version for ottava bassa below the staff or (3) by using
> a pair of numbers/directions.

I now understand. My opinion for that is definitively the 3rd option. Either
at the top of the "8" or just a little bit bellow is good practice for me,
as long as it's not too far from the top (that's at least how I configured
it in the example I posted with my code and what I think looks good!).

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html