Re: Python 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Python 3
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 13:43:21 +0200 (CEST)

>> Well, I prefer a series of patches instead of a single patch.
>
> Ok, I'll split the third one.  My concern was that a single part of
> the series won't bring any benefit on its own.  So for example only
> changing the division operator will not make musicxml2ly work with
> Python 3.

In case there are patches within a series of patches that don't
compile, please say that in the commit message for the benefit of `git
bisect'.  I think it is better to have smaller, easily comprehensible
but probably uncompilable changes than a single, working chunk that is
hard to read.

But maybe others on the list think differently...  Indeed, it would be
a good idea IMHO to mention the preferred way in the contributor
guide.

    Werner