Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 3

From: knupero
Subject: Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 343970043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 05:23:58 -0700

Changes:

Command line:
"-O size"  is gone
"-O legacy" is added, uses our old non-encodings code
"-O TeX" new default as the pdf files are smaller.
"-O TeX-GS" use if you want to include lilypond pdfs in TeX document and
postprocess the resulting pdfs with ghostscript. You also need to give
/path/cidres.ps to gs.

If you use -dsafe also use -O legacy. I hope I'll fix that soon.

BTW: -dsafe on windows system is broken since 2005. Don't rely on it.

Not only fonts, but also most of our ps files are loaded by gs if -O
TeX* is given.

-dmusic-font-encodings is gone as the code has been ripped out.
-duse-cid-fonts is implemented.

-O legacy/TeX/TeX-GS set gs_load_font, gs-never-embed-fonts,
use-cid-fonts to the appropriate values, you never need to use those
parameters directly

The minimal lilypond source file t

   \version "2.21.0"
   \score { c''' }

translated with 'lilypond -O legacy --ps --pdf t.ly ; dir t.ps t.pdf;
pdffonts t.pdf' gives:

-rw-r--r-- 1 knut users  26580 30. Mai 14:14 t.pdf
-rw------- 1 knut users 150449 30. Mai 14:14 t.ps

name                                 type              encoding
emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ----------------
--- --- --- ---------
BIKQCO+Emmentaler-20                 Type 1C           Custom
yes yes no       8  0
GCWIIH+TeXGyreSchola-Regular         Type 1C           Custom
yes yes no      12  0

The same file translated with 'lilypond -O TeX --ps --pdf t.ly ; dir
t.ps t.pdf; pdffonts t.pdf' gives:

-rw-r--r-- 1 knut users 22589 30. Mai 14:14 t.pdf
-rw------- 1 knut users  7041 30. Mai 14:14 t.ps

name                                 type              encoding
emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ----------------
--- --- --- ---------
XZJJSW+TeXGyreSchola-Regular         CID Type 0C       Identity-H
yes yes no      15  0
LDRNTC+Emmentaler-20                 CID Type 0C       Identity-H
yes yes no       9  0

TODO:
  documentation
  proper handling of -dsafe, also fixing the old windows security issue
mentioned above
  [...]

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/