Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 3

From: knupero
Subject: Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 343970043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 15:48:38 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile
File mf/GNUmakefile (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile#newcode145
mf/GNUmakefile:145: cd $(outdir) && mv $(notdir $@).otf $(notdir $@)
On 2018/05/26 15:17:09, Carl wrote:
I think there is potential confusion where the CID file has no
extension, and
just has capitalization to indicate it.  Is this a standard for
CID-keyed fonts?

ghostscript uses fontname=filename with no extension for CID replacement
fonts. In an old version of the code I used this mechanism of
ghostscript. With this version of the code the CID font is explicitely
loaded in encodingdefs.ps, so almost any name might me used.

The file emmentaler-20.otf defines the non-cid font Emmentaler-20. It is
used by lilypond during generation of the ps code. We need this non-cid
font as it contains the glyph names we use in lilypond.

If during processing of the ps code contained in encodingdefs.ps
ghostscript sees that the non-cid Emmentaler-20 font is used, the code
instructs gs to load the cid font. Then it used the same name
Emmentaler-20 again for the font composed from the Emmentaler-20 font
and the Identity-H CMap.

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in
File mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in#newcode89
mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in:89:
ConvertByCMap("/usr/share/ghostscript/9.23/Resource/CMap/Identity-H")