Re: Microrhythm

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Microrhythm
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 15:03:25 +0200

> On 19 May 2018, at 12:13, Torsten Hämmerle <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dave Tremblay wrote
>> However, I wonder if it would be possible to make it play, or at least
>> display, microrhythms, [...]
>
> MIDI playback of microrhythms (including interpolation between the two
> notated extremes by applying time-dependent percentages) surely will not be
> possible to achieve out-of-the-box.

Might it not be possible by a separate score for just the MIDI track? It seems
one gets two equally long vectors of durations; then compute the interpolation
and put it in a separate score.

I made such an example by hand for irrational number time signatures: Just
select a rational approximation, and put it in a separate score.