Re: LilyPond in Debian

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: LilyPond in Debian
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:09:34 +0200

Am 12.09.2017 um 11:38 schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi Knut,

thank you for the script.

Am 12.09.2017 um 09:34 schrieb Knut Petersen:
Hm, will I be able to get a system where I can build LilyPond again?
Urs, building guile 1.8 is a pretty trivial and fast process. Just do
it and don't care about debian
OK, I see how you build Guile directly into the LilyPond build
directory, and building Guile worked on first attempt.

Fine
I notice that upon each execution of the script Guile will be erased and
rebuilt from scratch. Am I right to assume that I could skip this step
for following builds?
Yes
And more, can't I build Guile once, into some other directory and rather
than rebuilding it each time place a symlink into the LilyPond
installation directory? This would be very useful as I tend to have
multiple builds in parallel.
Multiple builds of lilypond at the same time?
Attached you'll find a script that builds guile and lilypond from
local copies of their git repositories.
Obviously you'll have to adapt some paths defined and and used in the
script (LILYSOURCE, GUILESOURCE, LILYROOT) first.

I did so (and commented out make doc for now). First compilation failed
due to missing dblatex, but the second one failed with an error I didn't
really understand. Attached you'll find the tail of the build log - any
ideas what is wrong and what I can do?

After the failed build:

cd  /home/urs/git/lilypond/source/build/scripts

Does out/lilypond-invoke-editor exist? Is it executable?

Does /home/urs/git/lilypond/source/build/scripts/build/out/help2man exist?

If out/lilypond-invoke-editor exists and is marked to be executable: What does  'sudo
strace out/lilypond-invoke-editor --help 2>&1 | grep guile | grep openat' tell
you?

Knut