Re: GSoC 2017

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 07:44:47 +0100 (CET)

>> Not yet :-)  I can only second what Urs said.
>
> I think we (i.e. Abraham and you) should give Matthew some more
> concrete pointers on where to start investigating.

Can you send him our e-mail conversation regarding this topic?
Currently, I'm abroad, not having time to do that by myself.

>> BTW, where are the current instructions to install a font compliant
>> to the SMuFL layout?
>
> What context are you talking about here?

This context:

  http://lilypondblog.org/2014/01/smufl-fonts-in-lilypond/

I don't know whether this is still up to date.

> For LilyPond there *are* of course no such instructions yet, and
> otherwise you can install them like regular fonts, it's then up to
> the notation application to properly use it.

Well, yes.  But music fonts are handled specially in lilypond...

    Werner