Re: Tie properties vs. slur properties.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Tie properties vs. slur properties.
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 00:18:37 +0000

On 5/25/16 7:26 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of tisimst"
<address@hidden on behalf of
address@hidden> wrote:

>P.S. While we're talking properties, is there anyone who'd be willing to
>make the trill spanner squiggle "~" externally \override-able independent
>of the trill text "tr"?

Interestingly enough, the trill spanner squiggle is a Script object, which
is defined in script.scm.  We just had a brief discussion on this very
subject, starting with

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-05/msg00161.html

If David N's idea of a scriptExceptions property were implemented, that
would provide a means of overriding the trill squiggle.

Alternatively, if we could make scriptDefinitions a user property instead
of an internal property, that would also provide a means of overriding the
trill squiggle.

So I don't think anyone is currently working on it, but it's not an
impossible job to do it.

Thanks,

Carl