Re: Requesting write access to the LilyPond repository

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Requesting write access to the LilyPond repository
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 20:12:21 +0200

John Gourlay <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner Lemberg is asking that I create a branch in the LilyPond
> repository containing my changes for lilyissue 4751 (musicxml2ly
> enhancements), but I don’t have write access to the repository. May I
> have this privilege? What do I need to do, if anything, to obtain it?

You need a developer account on Savannah, and you'll then use that
account and the Savannah web interface for looking up the LilyPond
project and requesting membership.  Note that you'll need to upload an
SSH public(!) key as well, with the corresponding private key being
generated/installed on the system you are doing development on (or at
least where your repository is).  The private key _must_ stay private
and never leave your system.  It's your key to the LilyPond repository.

Once you have done that, you need to edit your .git/config file and
change the url there to the one given for developer access in the
Savannah LilyPond project pages.