Re: GSoC 2016 - GNU website listing

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: GSoC 2016 - GNU website listing
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 08:29:47 -0500

> On Jan 28, 2016, at 3:36 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Ouch.  LilyPond is very dissimilar from TeX regarding a whole lot of
> things but certainly in the context of a call for programmers.

[…]

> Python is just used for some scripting but not in the core application.

Good points.  We could just simplify it.  How about this?

LilyPond is a music engraving program devoted to producing the highest-quality
sheet music possible. The user describes the music in a high-level text input
format, which LilyPond processes to produce pdf, png, svg, and/or midi files.
Primary languages are C++ and Guile/Scheme.

-Paul