Re: Issue 4024: Clarify break-align symbols and space-alist args in IR.

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Issue 4024: Clarify break-align symbols and space-alist args in IR. (issue 114160044 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:59:21 -0700

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:12:47 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

Ah, I see.  Here's the confusion: when paired with right-edge, *all* 5
of the spacing-styles actually do something (to be clear, they all do
the same thing: they behave like extra-space, with space that doesn't
stretch).  Anyway, am I correct in concluding that right-edge is only
intended to work with extra-space?  I've edited the patch according to
that understanding; please review and comment again if you would.

That looks like what the code in 'break-alignment-interface.cc' would do.

When I worked on the spacing code, the behavior of these space-alist settings
was maddening, and I had always planned to simplify them.  I like the idea of
documenting them now, because that summarizes what we would have to think about
in a convert-ly rule if we do simpify them.

For some reason Rietveld doesn't show the deltas from the previous patch
set (maybe because I rebased?), so you'll just have to read it again.

We can still see that delta if we ask for it in the pull-down menus :
https://codereview.appspot.com/114160044/diff2/1:60001/scm/define-grob-properties.scm