Re: Snippet tags

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Snippet tags
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:44:01 +0200

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently, the snippets in
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/index include the
> current categories/tags:

IIRC, the introductory text for the snippets states that this is just an
excerpt of topics.  But I don't think that we have a "full list"
anywhere, so that's somewhat pointless.

> However, there are a _lot_ more tags in the snippet repository (see below).
>  One upshot of this is that tagging a snippet with the "wrong" tags will
> prevent it appearing in the docs automatically.  Should we update the list
> above to be the same as the one below?

> ancient-notation
> automatic-notation
> breaks
> chords
> connecting-notes
> contemporary-notation
> contexts-and-engravers
> devel
> editorial-annotations
> expressive-marks
> fretted-strings
> headword
> keyboards
> midi
> paper-and-layout
> percussion
> pitches
> preparing-parts
> really-cool
> really-simple
> real-music
> repeats
> rhythms
> scheme-language
> simultaneous-notes
> spacing
> specific-notation
> staff-notation
> stylesheet
> symbols-and-glyphs
> syntax-and-expressions
> template
> text
> titles
> tweaks-and-overrides
> unfretted-strings
> version-specific
> vocal-music
> winds
> workaround
> world-music

I think that's excessive for the sort of unfolded table-of-contents
structure that we have integrated that with.

At the current point it is already hard to find anything in that mess.
Blowing it up by a factor of 2 will not help.  We probably need to find
a somewhat more hierarchical structure for navigational purposes.