Re: Rietveld with Google two-factor authentification

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Rietveld with Google two-factor authentification
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 22:58:15 +0900

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 03:11:31PM +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> My usual password is not accepted (which is good), since
> git-cl does not ask for the second-factor token (which is bad).  And
> obviously git-cl is not able to cache the credentials - I get
>
> Could not find stored credentials
>   $HOME/.lilypond-project-hosting-login
> each time.

That is correct, git-cl does no caching, no fancy authentication,
etc.  It attempts to read the above file, and it takes the first
line in that file as the username and the second line in that file
as the password.  That's all it does.

Patches to git-cl most welcome.  :)

I've heard of this "two-factor authentication", but I've never
used it (even in my personal life), and git-cl was my first foray
into authentication on foreign servers.  I was kind-of expecting
that somebody familiar with python+google+authentication to take
30 minutes (rough estimate for somebody familiar with the above)
to fix it after a few months, but obviously there's been no takers
yet.

Cheers,
- Graham