Rietveld with Google two-factor authentification

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Rietveld with Google two-factor authentification
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:11:31 +0200

Hi all,

does one of you use Google's two-factor authentification thingie? I used it without any trouble on "usual apps", but now I'm kind of stuck with git cl to commit patches to Rietveld. AFAICS, the only way to login is via an application-specific password, which is an ugly beast not meant for manual input more than once. My usual password is not accepted (which is good), since git-cl does not ask for the second-factor token (which is bad). And obviously git-cl is not able to cache the credentials - I get

Could not find stored credentials
  $HOME/.lilypond-project-hosting-login

each time.
What am I missing here?