Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:38:53 -0500

Hi Jan-Peter (et al.),

Your edition engraver is amazing, IMO.

Here is page 1 of the Vocal Book for my musical “Fairy Tale Ending”:

There are ten tweaks on this page. (Yes, there ultimately need to be a few
more… but it’s a testament to how awesome Lilypond is that it looks like this
with only ten small manual adjustments!)

Leveraging the edition engraver, I have removed those tweaks from the content —
where they were embedded using a frustratingly complex system of tags — and put
them in the presentation file where they belong; the presentation files for the
other five standard outputs (i.e., Full Score, Piano/Conductor Score, Piano
Part, Percussion Part, and Bass Part) will, of course, have their own set of
tweaks.

Finally, a way to truly separate content from presentation.
Thank you, Jan-Peter — you have provided me with the biggest improvement in my
Lilypond workchain since perhaps my very first download of Lilypond.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.