Re: How are stems created?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: How are stems created?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:21:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 10:32 PM

Hi Phil,

2013/8/14 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł"
I'd like to change stem and flag code so that stems, flags and
noteheads are attached to each other using generic functions from
Self_alignment_interface instead of their own funcitons (if that's
possible).

Fiddling with metafont code can be interesting as well.

I'd concluded that they are attached because they have a common origin, so
if this is wrong I probably won't be able to help.  Always willing to try,
though.

I'm not sure what you mean.
Maybe i didn't make myself clear?  Here's what i'd like to do:
X-offset of a Stem is currently calculated by a function
Stem::offset_callback (from stem.cc).  I suppose that it would be
possible to use some function from Self_alignment_interface, for
example align_on_parent (probably after making it more generic).

best,
Janek

That's above what I was interested in, but please feel free to progress it.

--
Phil Holmes